Position Name - Engineering Manager
Experience - 9 to 13 years
No of positions - 1
Location - Chennai
We are on a mission to build the world's leading platform and connected community to guide students along their journey to achieve their lifelong learning and career aspirations.
As a co-owner of IELTS, we deliver the English test that is trusted by more governments, universities and organizations than any other. We also operate English language teaching schools in South East Asia.
We are innovators, driven by the needs of our customers and deep data insights. Our 5,000 team members based around the world understand that our services change lives – not only of our customers, but their wider communities.
By combining empathy and professional expertise with digital excellence, we create launch pads for our customers to achieve global success.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Manage the development team and work closely with Technical architects.
- Ensure that projects are accurately estimated and delivered to schedule.
- Manage the daily meetings. Coordinate between UX development and QA cycles.
- Responsible for communicating the impact items to other teams.
- Bring technical items to the tech forum and responsible for sorting out any performance issues in a release cycle.
- Escalate scheduled delays and unresolved issues and problems to Tech PM.
- Ensure security of data and network access.
- Identify problematic areas and implement strategic solutions in time.
- Perform system audits and assesses their outcomes.
- Ensure that members adhere to standards followed in the project on all of their deliverables.
- Help keep the team focused and be on track.
- Train and integrate new team members and pro-actively support the continued development of existing team members.
- Effectively manage team members in line with company policy and procedures, including performance, development, disciplinary and conflict resolution with effective feedback.
Overall Responsibility in delivering quality projects and products as per the BRD within the specified time line. Should be able to lead/handle a team to write and test code effectively and must work with business owners overseas. Lead planning and/or implementation of projects. May participate in the design and/or testing phases. Facilitate the definition of project missions, goals, tasks, and resource requirements; resolve or assist in the resolution of conflicts within and between projects or functional areas; develop methods to monitor project or area progress and provide corrective supervision if necessary. Work cross-functionally across teams to solve problems and implement changes. Follow defined, agreed upon project management plans.
- Candidates with good experience with SDLC
- Minimum 6+ years of hard core coding experience is mandatory
- Excellent hands on coding in JAVA, ‘AWS/Microservices/Python will be added advantage’
- Over all 9-13 Experience is mandatory.
- Mandatory 2+ years of people management experience required.